Wednesday, July 15

st. augustine 09

we headed to the beach last week with adam's entire family (40 ish people) and had a blast. aj LOVED the "ochh". we were out there morning and evening. thank goodness we got a beach buddy.
( i do not really like any of my pics, so i will just give a few. )





aj and sazy with their cousins. precious time.

cup cake had her choosen spots on the beach.



and we had lots of fun together when we were actually together and not playing tag team. i find myself repeating "this is just a season of our lives" many times a day. for example: when i am up at 3am feeding a baby, when i just want a nap, when my husband goes out to the pool with one kid and i am inside feeding the other child, when 2 kids are up at night, when i just want to sit and snuggle with my husband but choose sleep instead. it is just a season!
i will say... it is one fun season (minus the sleep part), and i am loving every minute of it with my man. i could not do it without him. and in his words " i think we make one good team."

5 comments:

Mary Hudgins Balicki said...

Erin!! Y'all are so dang cute! You look so great!! I can hardly stand it.
Cayce's kids and your kiddos altogether on the beach makes my heart so warm. There is nothing on the planet like a big family with lots of cousins on the side.
This is definitely "a season" - this year we enjoyed our first trip to the beach sans swim diapers (after 6 summers of having a little one at the beach). It was easier and the feeling of coasting is a nice one. And you're right, it is fun (even amid the weeds, it's fun). I'm proud of you guys!!
Keep plugging away, girlfriend!!
Much love,
MB

Cstargel said...

Okay, how CUTE are y'all and how freaking skinny are you!!! Did you just birth that baby or what? We are headed to St. Augustine next Saturday! I wish we would've been down there at the same time!!! Where did you guys stay?

Greer Dierkes said...

Erin! Love the pics! It looks like you had a blast...all the kiddos are adorable together...
You look amazing~seriously...
Don't get too bogged down in this sleepless and disjointed season. As you know (with AJ), it does pass, and quickly too (in hindsight!).
I'd love to see you! (and those sweet babies too!)
Hugs to all of you!
Love
Greer

allison said...

Ummmm did you just give birth...because you look fabulous! I can't wait to meet your little one some day! Love to you all!

Cstargel said...

So we are in St. Augustine now and I knew I had seen Sea Place but it's RIGHT NEXT DOOR!!! Is that not hilarious? Wish you guys were here!