Saturday, June 20

i am alive!

i am so sorry (for the millionth time) that it has taken me forever to blog. first, i am loving my time as a mommy of two. second, i lost my cord to upload any pics from my camera. i thought you'd rather see pics than read my words anyways!


i am so WONDERFUL over here. i have had the most blessed last two weeks. praise the Lord for all His answers to our many specific prayers.
here are a few of examples:
1. prayer for easy delivery that did not leave me in pain or feeling like crapolla for months. prayer answered. i have felt great and had more energy for my TWO kids than i have in months.
2. prayer that Sazy sunshine would eat well and have no issues like big boy in first few weeks. prayer answered. (of course i did not really try the breast this time like last time. i did pump for a week or two and then stopped cold turkey. ooooccchhh! i will leave all those details out for the moment, but will tell you one tidbit. it was getting to be too much with trying to pump and having an 18 month old BOY come up to you saying "pump, pump" and raising his shirt pointing to his boobs. he already knows how to put on makeup, wear a purse to go bye bye, and wipe off in the bathroom. no more.)

3. prayer every single night that big boy would take well to his sister and love on her. wow. he has been so precious with her since the hospital. he says "baby sazy" all the time and wants to kiss her and rub her head. he wakes up wanting to go find her and baby talk with her. it warms my heart so much.
those are just some of the biggest prayers that i have not stopped thanking the Lord for His answers.

let me just brag for a bit on two of my fav people.
first comes my husband.

he is unlike any dad i know. from the second my two children came into the world, big daddy is hands on with no reservation. he jumps in and does everything from feedings to diaper changes. he shares in everything and lets me rest and do whatever. even in the hospital, i left him in the room several times to go walking and eat outside the room, etc. he is huge with taking big boy to the weight room every day and letting me chill with little girl. baby, i love you so much and could not do this with out you and would never want to do it with anyone else. smooch!

then there is my mom who is my true hero. she was with us for the first week and off and on this week. mom takes nightime feeding when she is here and lets us sleep (big daddy trades with her too). she also cooks all my fav healthy food (the ones big daddy will not touch), and keeps my glasses filled with lemon water, green tea, or diluted cranberry juice. then she makes me lay out every day , do sitz baths, nap, go get massages, have date nights with big daddy(we have had 3 since little girl born) and lets me excercise as she feeds and entertains the kiddos. one special mom. i have been so spoiled.
( i do have to mention that i have the best in laws as well. ghee and pop have taken big boy several times. ghee offers to come be with me everyday and cook me any food as well. but, there is just nothing like your mom. you can have your mom look at the damage below and tell you about your hemoroids, but i think my momma in law may not wish to look and understands why i keep my mom here.)

you can see that i am so well over here and loving life. there has been a continual lump in my throat since little girl was born when i think about my new fam of four. there is something different that i can not explain in having two kids (that sounds so weird and so old to have two kids.) i feel so blessed. so blessed to be married to an amazing husband that i had a crush on ten years ago and God protected just for me! so blessed to have two healthy and sweet hearted kids. so blessed to have the most amazing extended family. i am thanking God everyday.

5 comments:

Heather said...

looks like my prayers have been answered too!!!! i have been so worried about you!!! i didn't want to disturb, but can't wait to get you a dinner over there soon.

love you girlie. so happy that our little families of 4 are so similiar ;)
xo
HH

Mack said...

I am so glad to hear how God has answered your prayers Erin - praising HIM with you!!!!!!

Sean and I pray every night for our boys to truly love and treasure each other and I think He hears and answers those prayers - I will pray that for you special two as well!!!!

Thanks God for godly husbands who make it easy to be wives and moms!!!

Love ya girl!!! Mandy

Mack said...

And...one more thing...my friend Julie said to me after Mack was born, "Just remember, when they get to Kindergarten the teacher will not be able to tell the difference between the breast fed babies and non breast fed babies." :) :) I LOVED that - I have ALWAYS remembered that and told others -

Shannon DeSouza said...

So glad to hear you and the fam are well! Lots of love, Shannon

Cstargel said...

I'm so happy for you!!! And so glad that everything is going so well! Can baby Sazy and baby Annie be friends?